- Link to general rules.
- You may enter 5 icons.
- You may choose your own pictures, provided they fit within the challenge guidelines.
- Submit your icon(s) with the URL in a comment to this post. The comments will be screened.
- Please try to keep all your entries in one comment.
- Keep all icons anonymous until the contest is over.
- Your icons must meet the LJ Userpic requirements!
Pick an artist, any artist! For this week's challenge, you have the opportunity to icon your favorite work(s) of art. Choose your favorite artist or artists, pick your favorite work by said artist, and create some fabulous icons!
As an example, I've chosen some of my favorite works from my favorite artists. You can use the following images if you share the same taste, or if not, choose any of your own images, as long as it shows a work of art by an artist. I realize that not all artists are known by all people, so I am asking that you give the work and artists' name(s) in your submission; what I would like to do when the challenge is over is to unscreen the entries, so that everyone may see which icons feature which artists. If you do not want your entry unscreened, please indicate so in your entry comment.
Click on the previews for larger images.
From left to right: Salvador Dali, Flordali; Salvador Dali, Meditative Rose; M.C. Escher, Liberation; M.C. Escher, Concave and Convex; Vincent Van Gogh, Peach Tree in Bloom at Arles; Vincent Van Gogh, Harvest at Arles
Images from www.allposters.com and www.virtualdali.com
Deadline: Monday, October 1, at 9:00 p.m. PST
The World Clock
# of Entries: 10
Thanks for your entries!